All about us
About the Woods
Flora and Fauna
News and Events
Just for Fun
Contact us
Guest Book
Site Map

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Friends of Gledhow Valley Woods
All About Us

< Go back to Minutes menu

Minutes of Core Group Meeting
14th June 2001

Present: Martin Calvert, Joan and Mervyn Clayton, Jenny Farley, Peter Foulston, Richard Lancaster.

  1. Apologies
  2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 3rd May 2001
  3. Matters Arising
  4. Funday 19th May - Feedback
  1. Action Day
  2. Management Plan Update
  3. AOB
  4. Date of Next Meeting

1. Apologies

Brenda and Ralph Lancaster; Mike Betteridge.

2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 3rd May 2001


3. Matters Arising

3.01 Walls
Richard noted he had not got much further with this, but had passed on information to others in his department.

3.02 Grass Area Below Lake
Martin reported that this was looking very good at present as it had not been cut because of the logs.
Richard noted that it may need cutting in September and look at planting next year.

3.03 Grants
Martin noted he had applied to the Safer Community Millennium Awards, but it had been suggested he reapply for more! He would speak to the grant administrators to see what was best to do next.
ACTION - Martin talk to administrators about best way to approach this scheme.

3.04 Treasurer
Martin suggested Paul Ellis may wish to undertake this and he would find out.
ACTION - Martin contact Paul Ellis.

4. Funday 19th May - Feedback

Generally agreed that this went very well and even more people than last year. Particularly good were the bands/singers, wishing tree and potter. Bird and meadow in a pot seemed to be about right in terms of number of boxes, plants etc.
Richard noted he had sent out "thank you's" to those who had attended and he handed around a list of the activities with costs and some ideas for next year.
Thank you to all who attended and helped set up the event.

5. Action Day

Agreed to hold the next action morning on Saturday 14th July meeting at the junction of Gledhow Lane and Gledhow Valley Road. An additional action morning was agreed to be held on Saturday 11th August.

6. Management Plan Update

Richard noted he had spoken to Tomas Remiarz who was keen to undertake the work. It was agreed that he should do an outlined plan first, which the Friends would pay for. This would provide information that then could be used for a fuller plan next year, which Richard hoped he could support.

7. AOB

7.01 Britain in Bloom
Richard and Martin reported that the Britain in Bloom judges would be touring the city provisionally Thursday 12th July and their route would take them along the Valley. They would stop briefly and it was agreed that some of the Friends would be around to speak to them.
ACTION - Richard to confirm date.

7.02 Sainsbury Grant
Martin noted that he had applied for a £100 grant from Sainsbury's.

7.03 Seats
Joan and Mervyn noted need for more seats along the Valley.

7.04 Schools
Richard noted he would be working with pupils from Bankside Primary later this month (26th, 27th, 28th) and that he had arranged a visit by Chapel Allerton Primary school through John Shute in July.

7.05 Traffic Calming
Peter noted he had been in contact with LCC Highways Dept, who had undertaken some surveys and they were sending him details. There was a brief discussion and it was noted that there was a need for some crossing points along the Gledhow Valley Road, particularly at the junction of Allerton Grange Way. Possibly something that should be taken up through local councillors. Agreed that this could be put on the next agenda.

8. Date of Next Meeting

Thursday 16th August 8pm at the 3 Hulets, Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton.

AGENDA (Provisional)

  1. Apologies
  2. Minutes of the Meeting Held on 14th June
  3. Matters Arising
  4. Traffic Calming/Road Crossings
  5. YW/EA Update
  6. Action Mornings
    - 14th July and 11th August
    - Next on 23rd September
  7. Management Plan Update
  8. AOB
    - AGM
  9. Date of Next Meeting

Top of Page | Home | About Us | Woods | Flora & Fauna | News & Events | Just for Fun | Contact Us | Guest Book | Site Map | Credits | Links
This page was last updated 20 Feb 2003. © FGVW. Legal Stuff | Help! Site designed & built by Adam Bull (Bodytronix)