< Go back to Minutes menu
Minutes of Core Group Meeting
19th July 2002
Present: Martin Calvert (Chair), Paul Ellis (Treasurer), Peter Foulston, Mervyn Clayton, Adrian Coltman.
Joan Clayton, Adam & Carol Bull, Mike Betteridge, Brenda & Ralph Lancaster, Richard Lancaster.
2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 13th June 2002
3. Matters Arising
- Denise Preston to visit in August to tour the woods and discuss future support.
ACTION - Martin to inform members of when visit is to occur.
- Adrian had not contacted Brenda regarding traffic calming but will do so before next meeting.
- Martin will follow up possible C.I.T. grant money.
- Funday 'thank you' posters are up around woods.
4. Management Plan
Need at next meeting to look systematically at management plan and look at priorities and work.
ACTION - Peter to consult with contacts to look at various parts of the Management Plan.
5. Traffic Calming
Adrian outlined consultation process that local residents were starting in local area. There will be a meeting of that group on 5th September at 8pm. There will also be a display in the library of some proposals that the group has made.
6. Action Mornings
Next Action Morning on Sunday 29th September
Path work and litter picking to be priorities.
- Martin reported on Britain in Bloom, that there had been some confusion with the judges and they had not visited the woods as arranged.
- Martin is still waiting for a reply from Tesco's concerning the return of their trolleys.
- Adam has done a marvellous job updating the web site with Funday details and pictures.
- The group has received donations totalling £325 from Ann Castle (£100) and Chapel Allerton councillors (£225), both from M.I.C.E. monies.
- Group discussed and agreed to affiliate to BCTV. The cost is £25. The group felt that in future the BTCV could give invaluable advice.
- The group discussed insurance and Paul proposed that they consider insurance to cover all activities at a cost of £100 per year.
ACTION - Paul will look into this in more detail and report back.
- Group discussed having two levels of mailing lists - one for general events and one for all minutes. This will save time and postage costs.
8. Date of Next Meeting
Thursday 26th September 2002 8pm at the 3 Hulets, Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton.
- Minutes of the meeting held on 19th July
- Matters Arising
- Treasurer Report
- Traffic Calming
- Visit of Denise Preston and Fred Duff
- BTCV Insurance
- Motorbikes in the Wood
- Management Plan
- Display Boards
- Mailing List/Posters
- Action Mornings
- Next on Sunday 29th September
- Leeds Voice