< Go back to Minutes menu
Minutes of Core Group Meeting
29th May 2003
Present: Martin Calvert (Chair); Mervyn and Joan Clayton; Peter Foulston; Adam and Carol Bull; Paul Ellis.
Adrian Coltman, Graeme Ashton.
2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 24th April 2003
Agreed as a true record.
3. Matters Arising
Any matters arising to be dealt with at next meeting.
4. Funday Income & Costs
* The figure for income does not include outstanding grant payments - see Grants Update.
- Income= £1028.86*
- Expenditure = £1032.21**
** This figure does not include the cost of tent/table/seat hire (approximate cost £800).
5. Funday Grants Update
The following grant money has yet to be received:
- Printing grant = £195 (possible partial use to pay for generator - cost £46.53)
- Material Fund = £308 (cost of wood for nest boxes etc. £120, to be billed by Elaine Hill)
- Leeds in Bloom Grant = £300
6. Funday Successes
Daftasadrum and the music groups were particularly successful, although the inclement weather had forced the former to be in the circus skills tent, adjacent to the "music tent". This had required some interruption to Daftasadrum to avoid interference, especially with the hand bells.
The beekeeper and the besom-making were also popular.
7. Funday 2004
The key financial issue for next year is the absence of funding for the tents, etc.
Suggestions for improvements:
- Better mapping of stalls
- Side-less "big top"
- More tables (20) and chairs (100)
- A new banner
- More pre-fab bird box kits (60), less pre-assembled (20)
- More donation boxes
- Get press interest on the day
- Request continued support from Tesco
- New "turns" - Tailwaggers dog training; Thurlston Owl Sanctuary.
- The group has been invited to provide a stall at the St Mathews Church Fete on 28th June 2003.
- It was agreed to continue to hold action mornings throughout the summer holiday period.
9. Date of Next Meeting
Next Core Group meeting will be on Thursday 19th June 2003 at 8pm in The Queens Arms, Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton.