< Go back to Minutes menu
Minutes of Core Group Meeting
28th August 2003
Present: Martin Calvert (Chair); Mervyn & Joan Clayton; Adrian Coltman; Peter Foulston, Paul Ellis, Adam & Carol Bull; Graeme Ashton.
2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 17th July 2003
Agreed as a true record.
3. Matters Arising
4. Action Morning
Last action morning was not as successful as the previous one. Need to review for next year.
5. Woodland Improvement Grant
Martin Calvert, Graeme Ashton, Steve Joul and Justin Williamson (Chief Forestry Officer) have had further consultation and there is a need for large scale work in woods.
6. Traffic Calming
There is to be a press release with a possible article in Yorkshire Post. It is hoped the work will commence shortly.
7. Treasurer's Report
Paul informed the meeting that there was £1274 in the main account and £1000 in the saving account, with a number of outstanding bids applied for. This included a contribution from Yorkshire Water working party.
- Yorkshire Water working party has built steps up Little Switzerland. These have caused concerns from local residents in that the steps may affect their security. Meeting discussed this issue and it was agreed that members of the Core Group would go and discuss the issue with them on Sunday 31st August.
- Mervyn raised the issue of fly tipping, as rubble was tipped in valley next to the lake in the past week, and the need for vigilance from all. It was agreed to send a letter to local residents over the issue of them dumping waste in the woods and alerting them to their responsibilities.
- It was agreed for Adrian to purchase a laminator from funds by next meeting.
- Martin updated the group on the failure of the C.S.O.s to prevent sewage entering the stream. Yorkshire Water is working on the problem but not sorted yet. Martin to contact Environment Agency on problem.
- Charitable Status - Paul raised the need for the group to register for charitable status given the increased level of funding. Paul outlined the basic requirements of accountability and the need for trustees. Paul would find out more for next meeting and report back. The group agreed in principle to proceed.
9. Date of Next Meeting
- Action Morning - Saturday 27th September. Meeting point below the lake for planting.
- Core Group Meeting - Thursday 25th September 8.00pm, The Queen's Arms on Harrogate Road.