< Go back to Minutes menu
Minutes of Core Group Meeting
11th May 2006
Present: Martin Calvert (Chair), Adam & Carol Bull, Adrian Coltman, Joan & Mervyn Clayton, Peter Foulston, Mike Betteridge
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 4th May 2006
Agreed as a true record.
3. Action Mornings
The next Action Morning will be on Sunday 18th June. The Group agreed to plant bog plants, generally clear the area and finish the pathwork started during the week.
Next Action Mornings
Sunday 18th June 2006
Saturday 22nd July 2006
4. FunDay 2006
The Group discussed the last remaining items concerning the FunDay...
- Adrian agreed to contact the Community Police to ask if they would like to attend the FunDay.
- The Forrestry Commission are coming with their own marquee. Paul will be attended with Dale and Jonathan will be doing a chainsaw demonstration and Dales wife Lisa will be attending to help sell the wooden sculptures with a donation being given to the Group.
- The Group discussed the tent/marquee/gazebo layout at length. Adam to finish the FunDay Programme flyer, based on the agreed layout. They agreed that the toilets should go to the flat area of land near to the road.
- The Group also decided that the Bug Hunt should start at 1.45pm and then continue every 45 minutes.
- The chainsaw demonstration and the fire service to give demonstrations throughout the day.
- More wood for the bird boxes is due to be delivered by Monday.
- Adrian and Polly volunteered to do clay modelling.
- Helen, Vicki and possibly Libby volunteered to do T-shirt painting.
- Mervyn, Nick, James, Eric, Bob and Andy volunteered to help with the bird box building on a rota basis.
- Joan volunteered to co-ordinate volunteers on the day and issue instructions.
- Joan also volunteered to be in the FGVW tent to give talks and answer any questions about the Group's work.
- Raffle ticket seller volunteers needed - currently have Iris, Chris and some of the children.
- It was suggested that any volunteers parked their cars on the grass to avoid any traffic problems i.e. preventing others from driving onto the field.
- Most of the leaflets have been delivered especially to the local schools (6x500). Bob has delivered 100 and Paul has 1,000. There is 1,500 left to be delivered door-to-door by Joan, Mervyn, Adrian, Martin and Peter.
- It was agreed that tent/marquee assembly would start at 7.30am with activities starting from around 1pm (officially opened at 1.30pm).
- Thank you for Extra Work
Martin thanked various members - Elaine, Steve, Mervyn, Joan, and Mike for doing some extra path building work and maintenance during the week.
- Web Site Praised
Adam also received praise for building and maintaining an excellent FGVW web site.
6. Dates of Next Meetings
An extra meeting was booked for Thursday 25th May to discuss the Groups activities at the BBC Springwatch event at Temple Newsam on 3rd June 10am to 6pm.
- Core Group Meeting - Thu 25th May 2006, 8pm at the Police Club, Gledhow Lane.
- Core Group Meeting - Thu 15th June 2006, 8pm at the Police Club, Gledhow Lane.
- Action Morning - Sun 18th June 2006
- Action Morning - Sat 22nd July 2006