All about us
About the Woods
Flora and Fauna
News and Events
Just for Fun
Contact us
Guest Book
Site Map

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Friends of Gledhow Valley Woods
All About Us

< Go back to Minutes menu

Minutes of Core Group Meeting
29th May 2008

Present: Martin Calvert (Chair), Mervyn & Joan Clayton, Adam & Carol Bull, Adam Wilks, Mike Betteridge, Peter Foulston, Anthony Rouse, Paul Ellis.

  1. Apologies for Absence
  2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 8th May 2008
  3. Matters Arising
  4. Correspondence
  5. 106 Grant Update
  1. Action Mornings
  2. FGVW Family FunDay 2008
  3. AOB
  4. Dates of Next Meetings

1. Apologies for Absence

Sian Dodderidge, Adrian Coltman, Claire Standish.

2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 8th May 2008

Agreed as a true record.

3. Matters Arising

  • Christmas Cards
    Adam Bull updated the Group on the Christmas Cards which he and Carol have packed up ready for initial sale at the FunDay. Altogether, 725 packs of 6 cards (3 of each design) have been prepared.
  • FGVW E-mail Mailing List
    Adam Bull reported that there are currently 214 people on the FGVW e-mail mailing list, and that he had just sent postcards to 40 people who had been on the list but whose e-mail addresses didn't work.
  • Chapel Allerton Residents Association AGM
    Mike attended the recent Chapel Allerton Residents Association AGM and was billed as their guest speaker. His talk was very well received and there was standing room only in the hall. Janet has contacted Martin to thank the Group and has sent a £25 donation.

4. Correspondence

To be dealt with at the next meeting.

5. 106 Grant Update

To be dealt with at the next meeting.

6. Action Mornings

To be dealt with at the next meeting.

Next Action Mornings

  • Sat 12 Jul 2008

7. FGVW Family FunDay 2008

  • LCC Permission: sent letter to Andrew Sykes. Going ahead as a LCC event under Emma Trickett. Steve Clavering or his rep in attendance. Elaine Hill also in attendance as volunteer.
  • Tables/Chairs/Etc: Need to fund 32 tables and 50 chairs, marquee and 2 toilets - Martin has ordered these from Churchills at a cost of £876.
  • John Casey: to be informed. MC to liaise re grass cutting and fire extinguishers.
  • Risk Assessments: Martin has received a copy of all the risk assessments from Emma.
  • Grants: Adrian has applied to the Area Committee for a £500 grant.
  • Posters: 60xA4 needed - Peter printed 30 which he distributed round the Group. He is printing another 30 to be laminated. Martin to collect and put up around the area.
  • Programme: Adam Bull t o produce, Peter and Adrian to print. 400 needed.
  • Flyers: 5,800 copies completed by Paul. These were distributed at the meeting. The local schools will receive 500 each. Joan is covering the surgery and dentist. Adam agreed to deliver some near the pastures. Anthony and Martin are covering the libraries.
  • Guillotine: Completed.
  • Chapel Allerton Magazine: Adrian. Adrian provided details of the Group for an article as requested. However, they've decided not to use this. The FunDay should still be advertised though.
  • Refreshments: Martin has written to Tesco and Sainsburys. Sainsburys has promised £10. Need as much home baking as possible. Please encourage all supporters.
  • Gazebos: 8 x (9x3) large, 6 x (3x3) pop-up. Phil's scout tent, Paul's scout tent? We then have 6 small gazebos in reserve. One main marquee has been ordered.
  • PA System: Martin to provide and the Group will use their own generator.
  • St Johns Ambulance: Confirmed.
  • Turns: Daftasadrum confirmed. Bassa Bassa invited. Storyteller Christine McMahon confirmed. Urban Circus declined.
  • LCC Forestry & Dale the Chainsaw Man: Martin has invited the Forestry. Dale is unable to come but may be able to send someone else.
  • Raffle: Adam to organise.
  • Hunt the Bear: Adam to organise.
  • FGVW Display: Adam and Adrian.
  • Local History/Genealogy: Robin Dove to invite - Joan.
  • Parachute Games: John and Jenny Farley agreed.
  • T-Shirt Design: Martin to contact Radish regarding Fair Trade T Shirts. Joan has some volunteers.
  • Firefighters: James has agreed to attend.
  • Police/PCSOs: Adrian to liaise with Brenda.
  • Wooden Tree: Donna confirmed.
  • Birds of Prey: Adam to chase up.
  • Beekeeper: David accepted.
  • Hedgehogs, etc.: Sue Charlton has agreed to attend.
  • Tadpoles/Frogs: Unavailable.
  • Bug Hunt: Subject to manpower Steve Clavering attending.
  • Bird Boxes: Mervyn has completed all the bird boxes and kits. There are also some bat boxes and bug boxes.
  • Plants: Gladys and Joan.
  • Clay Modelling: Need a volunteer, Adrian to provide clay.
  • Woodcraft Folk: Confirmed and bringing their own tent.
  • Face Painters: 2 confirmed.
  • Turns/Timetable: Peter.
  • Roping Off: Peter.
  • Setting Up: From 7.30am sharp please.
  • Animal Protection Stall: No, not suitable.
  • Herbal Medicine Stall: Declined.
  • Seven: No.
  • Conservation Area Committee: Confirmed.
  • Radish Stall: Confirmed.
  • Gledhow Allotments: Adrian to ask if they can do something around what people can grow in containers in their own gardens.
  • Wishing Tree: Lynne confirmed, she also has some other people coming with her from the Transition Town Initiative so may need two gazebos.
  • Straw Bales: with Jim's help.
  • Woodchip piles: Martin to organise with Justin.
  • Entrance Gate: Paul.
  • Event Banner: Martin has organised and it has been delivered.
Leaflet and poster distribution was agreed and they were given out to various Group members at the end of the meeting.

It was agreed to hold a small meeting on Thursday 5th June to confirm times of turns and finalise any last minute details. This will not be an "official" FGVW Core Group meeting.

8. AOB

To be dealt with at the next meeting.

9. Dates of Next Meetings

  • FunDay Meeting - Thu 5 June 2008
  • FunDay - Sat 14 Jun 2008 (1.30pm to 5.30pm)
  • Action Morning - Sat 12 Jul 2008
  • Heritage Open Day - Sun 14 Sep 2008 (12.00pm to 4.00pm)

Top of Page | Home | About Us | Woods | Flora & Fauna | News & Events | Just for Fun | Contact Us | Guest Book | Site Map | Credits | Links
This page was last updated 06 Jun 2008. © FGVW. Legal Stuff | Help! Site designed & built by Adam Bull (Bodytronix)