< Go back to Minutes menu
Minutes of Core Group Meeting
5th February 2009
Present: Martin Calvert (Chair), Adrian Coltman Joan & Mervyn Clayton, Adam & Carol Bull, Adam Wilkes.
1. Apologies for Absence
Sian Dodderidge, Mike Betteridge, Paul Ellis, Peter Foulston
2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 8th January 2009
Agreed as a true record.
3. Matters Arising
- On-Site Meeting
There will be an on-site meeting with Fred Duff on Tuesday 10th February at 9.30am to walk the path to Gledhow Lane and discuss the steps near Little Switzerland that are used by school children.
Two benches have been ordered and due for delivery any time now.
North East Leeds and Groundwork are doing some community work in the Brackenwoods area around the edge of the wood. They are unable to provide volunteers to help the Group but are happy to advertise the Action Morning in March to coincide with the work they are doing.
- Minutes from the last meeting held by the Gledhow Valley Conservation Area Group.
- Leeds Park & Countryside Newsletter.
- Martin has received a cheque from Tesco's for £250 for the FunDay.
- Joan passed on a letter received by Brenda Lancaster to Adrian providing information on Wade's Charity Grants.
5. Action Mornings
Next Action Mornings
- Sunday 8th February
Edging to put in along the path and some top stone is due to be delivered. Some beeches also need thinning however the slope may be too slippery depending on the weather. Some rhododendrons also need thinning on the island. The work will depend on the weather and the number of volunteers. Volunteers to meet at the old car park on Gledhow Valley Road opposite Gledhow Park Drive.
- Saturday 7th March
Two benches may be put in. 8 tonnes of stone due to be delivered for path work. Volunteers to meet on Gledhow Valley Road 100 yards from the Allerton Grange Way junction (by the gas sub-station).
- Sunday 5th April
6. FunDay 2009
- The FunDay will be on Saturday 13th June 2009.
- Birds of Prey confirmed by Adam Bull.
- Adam Bull agreed to ask Radish.
- Hedgehog lady has confirmed.
- Emma Tricket from Parks & Countryside has given the go-ahead for the event.
- Daftasadrum confirmed.
- Adrian suggested inviting the Lord Mayor and/or other Local MPs to open the event since it is the 10th year.
Joan e-mailed Cllr Jane Dowson over her concerns for the safety of children sledging in the area. It was good to see the children having fun but there was also some danger since some children were sledging right onto Gledhow Valley Road. The Council has agreed to look into it.
- Name Badges
Adam Bull agreed to send a list of names to Joan and Martin so that they could update the list ready for producing badges for the Group.
8. Dates of Next Meetings
- Action Morning - Sun 8 Feb 2009
- Core Group Meeting - Thu 5 Mar 2009 (Gledhow Sports & Social Club)
- Action Morning - Sat 7 Mar 2009
- Action Morning - Sun 5 Apr 2009
- FunDay - Sat 13 Jun 2009