< Go back to Minutes menu
Minutes of Core Group Meeting
2nd September 2010
Present: Adrian Coltman (Acting Chair), Adam & Carol Bull, Peter Foulston, Geoff Gilbert.
1. Apologies for Absence
Joan & Mervyn Clayton, Martin Calvert, Mike Betteridge.
2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 8th July 2010
Agreed as a true record.
3. Matters Arising
A local resident has contacted the Group wishing to set up a project in the woods. The Group read the detailed letter and CV and agreed that the Chair would write back to him, acknowledging his letter and explain that we were only an individual community group with no national connections. They also agreed to invite him to the next Action Morning to see the work that we did.
Gledhow Valley Conservation Group has invited Group members to attend a house and garden party on 18th September.
5. Action Mornings
Future Action Mornings
- Sunday 5 September
September Action Morning will be to clean the Bath House ready for the Heritage Open Day the following week. Please meet at the Bath House on Gledhow Valley Road. If more volunteers arrive then there may be some clearing to do in the meadow ready for winter.
- Sunday 17 October
Work to be done on the path near the "excavations" done by Paul behind the house on Little Switzerland. Also litter picking. Please meet at the crossroads of Gledhow Lane and Gledhow Valley Road.
- Sunday 14 November
- Sunday 12 December
6. Bath House Open Day
The Bath House Open Day is booked in and is included on the Open Heritage website and booklet. Carol, Adam and Mike are unable to attend so more volunteers are needed to help on the day. Peter and Geoff agreed to attend for part of the event. Refreshments are also needed. Adam agreed to send out an e-mail to FGVW supporters. Joan will be helping with the merchandise and display boards. Peter agreed to contact Guardian Leeds to help promote the day. Setting up to begin from 12 noon.
7. Groundwork Proposals for Brackenwoods
The Brackenwoods Group is no longer in existence but Groundwork would still like to complete some work which they discussed with the Group earlier in the year. They have asked if they can use the name of our Group in order to apply for a grant under Changing Spaces, which is part of Lottery Funding. They wish to put forward the building of 3 entrance sites and pathways:
- Improve the steps behind Gledhow Valley school and plant bulbs around the area.
- Replant the land, put in benches and possible information board in the area near the gas station at Gledhow beck where some garages have recently been knocked down.
- Build a path near Lancome Drive.
Groundwork will be completing the work, they just need our help in getting funding. The Group didn't see any issues with this as we were not intending to apply for Lottery Funding ourselves.
- Urban Harvest
Peter asked if the Urban Harvest could be linked up to the FGVW website. Peter to send the information to Adam so he can put details on the news page and let members know on the next update e-mail.
- FGVW Banners and Website Update
Adam brought some generic FGVW banners he had had made to show to the Group. These will be used at FGVW events. He also updated the Group on additions to the website including a butterfly section. A Fungi section will also be on the website soon.
9. Dates of Next Meetings
- Action Morning - Sun 5 Sep 2010 (Bath House)
- Open Heritage Day - Sun 12 Sep 2010
- Core Group Meeting - Thu 14 Oct 2010 (Gledhow Sports & Social Club)
- Action Morning - Sun 17 Oct 2010
- Core Group Meeting - Thu 11 Nov 2010 (Gledhow Sports & Social Club)
- Action Morning - Sun 14 Nov 2010
- Core Group Meeting - Thu 9 Dec 2010 (Gledhow Sports & Social Club)
- Action Morning - Sun 12 Dec 2010
- Annual FunDay 2011 - Sat 11 Jun 2011