All about us
About the Woods
Flora and Fauna
News and Events
Just for Fun
Contact us
Guest Book
Site Map

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Friends of Gledhow Valley Woods
All About Us

< Go back to Minutes menu

Minutes of Core Group Meeting
14th November 2011

Present: Martin Calvert (Chair), Joan & Mervyn Clayton, Adrian Coltman, Trevor & Diane Kitto, Geoff Gilbert, Steve Clavering.

  1. Apologies for Absence
  2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 17th October 2011
  3. Matters Arising
  4. Correspondence
  5. Action Mornings
  1. Groundwork Application
  2. Stewardship for FGVW
  3. FGVW Merchandise
  4. AOB
  5. Dates of Next Meetings

1. Apologies for Absence

Peter Ellis, Adam & Carol Bull.

2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 17th October 2011

Agreed as a true record.

3. Matters Arising

  • Planning Permission
  • The Horses Field
    All the horses have gone from the Horses Field after an official notice was put up asking for them to be removed.
  • Memorial Bench
    Thr Group is in discussions with Dorothy over the location of a memorial bench for her dog.
  • Knotweed
    Elaine has been e-mailed regarding knotweed, and passed on to Bob Bradley for an answer as to whether it has been treated.

4. Correspondence

The Leeds Civic Trust "Local Group Survey" has been received.

5. Action Mornings

  • Sunday 13 November
    Path work was completed and the pond dug out successfully.

Future Action Mornings

  • Sunday 11 December
    Work to repair top path near the entrance from the Flats on Gledhow Wood Road - Mervyn to check out what is needed. It is also hoped to finish the pond with liner and turf, to re-instate the stream near the ponds possibly using a membrane to assist. We will continue on the current path at a later date. Will get John Mudd to spread chippings over the muddy part as a temporary fix. Volunteers to meet at the jetty by the lake.

6. Groundwork Application

The work on sites 1, 2 and 3 is underway and good progress has been made. There is a discussion regarding the area by Sundar's Pond, and it was suggested that we put terram down and then import poor quality top soil before seeding with wild flower mix.

7. Stewardship for FGVW

Emma and/or Richard from Leeds City Council will hopefully attend a future Core Group meeting. Steve Clavering explained the thinking behind offering certain established groups the stewardship option, which was to free up his time to assist fledgling groups and to encourage new groups.

8. FGVW Merchandise

£81.50 was taken at the Three Hulats' Farmers Market on Sunday 30 October from merchandise sales.

It was explained that we are looking for a new supplier of placemats and coasters after a hefty price increase means that it is no longer practical to buy them from the original supplier.

The Group will have a stall at the Oakwood Farmers Market on Saturday 19 November, and at St Matthew's Church Winter Fair on Saturday 26 November. There is also the possibiity of attending the Three Hulats' Farmers Market on Sunday 27 November if volunteers can be found.

9. AOB

  • Strimmer Training
    Strimmer training is going ahead for Geoff, Mervyn and Trevor. Geoff volunteered to stand down but the Group are happy for him to receive the training.
  • Path in Need of Repair
    Geoff mentioned that the path near the Flats off Gledhow Wood Road needs repair. This will be included in the next Action morning.
  • Winter Photos
    Diane is encouraging people to send winter photos to Adam.
  • Funding Query
    Joan raised a query as to whether we have sufficient funds for the planned expenditure. Paul will need to be asked.
    The Group need to decide on a date for the AGM at the Three Hulats Pub in January 2012. Martin will investigate when the venue is free.
  • Path Maintenance
    Mervyn suggested that an Action Morning early in the new year could be used for maintenance of existing paths.

10. Dates of Next Meetings

  • Action Morning - Sun 11 Dec 2011
  • Core Group Meeting - Mon 12 Dec 2011 (Gledhow Sports & Social Club)

Top of Page | Home | About Us | Woods | Flora & Fauna | News & Events | Just for Fun | Contact Us | Guest Book | Site Map | Credits | Links
This page was last updated 28 Nov 2011. © FGVW. Legal Stuff | Help! Site designed & built by Adam Bull (Bodytronix)