< Go back to Minutes menu
Minutes of Core Group Meeting
26th Oct 2015
Present: Martin Calvert (Chair), Jenny Page, Joan & Mervyn Clayton.
1. Apologies for Absence
Mike Betteridge, Malcolm Robertson, Adam & Carol Bull, Geoff Holden, Adrian Coltman, Trevor & Dianne Kitto.
2. Minutes of the Meeting Held 28th Sep 2015
Agreed as a true record.
3. Matters Arising
- Two classes of Gledhow School children came to plant plugs in Audrey's Meadow on Thursday 8 October, after heavy rain caused the postponement of the original date of 5 October. It was a very enjoyable afternoon. Thanks to Dianne for providing lovely buns.
- The "Sing for St Gemma's and FGVW" event was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.
- The new grill for the inner door of the Bath House is ready for fitting.
An e-mail was received from Leeds University Conservation Volunteers kindly offering to attend our Action Morning. It was agreed to invite them along.
5. Action Mornings
- Sunday 4 October 2015
6 volunteers seeded the meadow on Saturday 3rd, then a magnificent 55 volunteers planted 4,200 plugs on Sunday. There were 30 adults, 12 children and 15 Scouts.
Future Action Mornings
Proposed dates and tasks (subject to change):
- Sunday 1 November 2015
1000 bulbs donated by Groundwork to be planted and the meadow at the end of the lake to be cut and raked. Also the top meadow will be cut back if there are enough volunteers. Please meet in the meadow at the end of the lake on Gledhow Valley Road.
- Sunday 13 December 2015
The December Action Morning date was changed to Sunday 13 December, and the Core Group meeting to Monday 7 December.
Provisional Action Morning dates for 2016:
- Sunday 10 January 2016
- Saturday 13 February 2016
- Sunday 13 March 2016
- Sunday 3 April 2016
- Sunday 8 May 2016
- It was suggested that volunteers take 10 packs of FGVW Christmas cards each on a sale or return basis.
- Site Allocation Plan:
The planning application web site still shows "not suitable for housing" on one of the maps. On another it is shown as natural greenspace when previously it was allotments, and on another where it was shown as allotments it has no greenspace allocation. The question was asked - should we comment?
- Christmas markets:
- Steve Jones-Blackett will take some cards to Gledhow Fair.
- Oakwood Farmers Market (Nov 21, 9.00am-12.30pm) - Trevor & Dianne Kitto, Joan & Mervyn Clayton
- St Matthews Christmas Fair (Nov 28, 10.30am-12.30pm) - Joan & Mervyn Clayton, Jenny Page
- Three Hulats Farmers Market (Nov 29, 9.00am-1.00pm) - Martin Calvert and Adrian Coltman
- Roundhay School Christmas Fair (Dec 5, 10.30am-1.00pm) - Paul Ellis, Adam & Carol Bull
- Joan & Mervyn Clayton will help anywhere if needed.
7. Dates of Next Meetings
- Action Morning - Sun 1 Nov 2015
- Core Group Meeting - Mon 7 Dec 2015 (Gledhow Sports & Social Club)
- Action Morning - Sun 13 Dec 2015
- Action Morning - Sun 10 Jan 2016
- Action Morning - Sat 13 Feb 2016
- Action Morning - Sun 13 Mar 2016
- Action Morning - Sun 3 Apr 2016
- Action Morning - Sun 8 May 2016