Go back to Events Gallery menu
8th-9th September 2007
Gipton Spa Bath House Heritage Open Days
As part of Leeds Heritage Open Days, the Gipton Spa Bath House on Gledhow Valley Road was opened to the public under the supervision of FGVW members on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th September 2007 (2.00-4.00pm). On the Sunday there was also a 45 minute "Herb Walk", led by local herbalist Donald Purves.
The open days were once again very popular, with hundreds of people turning up to find out about the building and take the guided tour. Once again we were lucky enough to have sunny weather most of the time. Many people left comments in the Visitor's Book, and these can be seen at the bottom of this page. You can also find out more about the bath house in the About the Woods section.
The event also helped increase general interest in the area by way of information displays and fact sheets. The Group was also able to raise money from the sale of merchandise, a "Hunt the Gledhow Valley Bear" game, and from generous visitor donations.
Our thanks go to everyone who helped on the days, those who provided the home made refreshments, and everyone who came to learn a bit about the history of this little gem of a building.
Visitor Book Comments
- Fascinating. Thank you for all your work.
- Excellent talk and display, many thanks.
- A fascinating and invaluable survivor!
- Keep up the good work.
- Loved it!
- Very interesting for the whole family.
- Well done for rescuing important historical building.
- Great very interesting.
- A great site.
- Wonderful and interesting.
- Many thanks for all the hard work involved.
- Most interesting. Thank you for all your work.
- A revelation!
- Very interesting - and inspirational!
- Very interesting.
- Good work - carry on!
Brilliant - keep up the good work!
- Super. Glad I came - keep going.
- Lovely to see the Bath House back to semi-life! All the best.
- Great to see.
- Very interesting.
- Very interesting and larger than Wetherby Bath.
- Really interesting talk.
- Interested in walks, herbs and uses.
- Keep up the good work!
- Thanks for your effort.
- Very interesting - thanks.
- Fantastic - both herbal walk and Bath House.
- Thanks for opening up the Bath House - wanted to look at it for ages!
- Very interesting. Have always wanted to see inside.
- Brilliant - keep up the good work.
If you have any photos or stories about past FGVW events you have attended, please contact us so we can add them to the site.