Go back to What's New menu
What's New Archive for 2022
- 30-11-22: Please Help with a Short Survey on the Next Phase of the Gledhow Lake Regeneration Project
- 29-03-22: FGVW Lake Celebration Event
- What's New Archives for 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001
30 Nov 2022
Please Help with a Short Survey on the Next Phase of the Gledhow Lake Regeneration Project
FGVW are in the early stages of planning Phase 2 of the Gledhow Lake Regeneration Project, and are trying to find funding sources. We would be very grateful if you could help our funding bids by completing a very short survey about some of the possible enhancements under consideration:
The survey should only take a few minutes and can be filled in completely anonymously if you wish. Any personal details you do choose to give will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be used only to help make the survey results more meaningful. Your details will not be passed on to any third party and will be deleted once the project has completed.
29 Mar 2022
FGVW Lake Celebration Event
We are planning an event to take place in the woods on Saturday 30th April 2022 (12pm-3pm) to celebrate the National Lottery Heritage funded work carried out on the lake in 2019. This event was originally due to take place in 2020 but postponed due to the pandemic.
The event will showcase the work that was done in 2019 and will take place in the woods, around the lake. Exact details are being arranged but there will be a small number of stalls - drinks & cake stall, plant stall, a book stall and stalls for other local groups.
The Lord Mayor is attending at 12 noon to formally open the event.
There will be a local choir on site and other activities such as bushcraft sessions, willow weaving and Asian dance.
Please can you help?
There's lot to be done and we are looking for people to volunteer to help:
- Set up on the day (from 9.30am onwards)
- Pack away at the end of the day (from 3pm onwards)
- Set up and manage the drinks & cake stall
- Manage the plant stall for the second half of the event (1.30pm onwards)
- Set up and manage the book stall
- Run some conservation activities to showcase the work the FGVW does
- Preparation of information for self-guided walks to do on the day
- Putting up posters/handing out flyers to advertise the day
If you can help please e-mail David email@example.com. You can state a preference of what you'd like to do or just put your name forward and let us know what times you will be available on the day. Any support you can give will be very much appreciated.
We are also looking for donations for the stalls selling plants, books (good quality books only, children's books generally sell better) and drinks & cakes. Please let David know if you would be able to donate anything for these stalls.
If you're not volunteering but are free that day please do come along and join us.