Go back to What's New menu
What's New Archive for 2001
- 30-12-01: Christmas Site Update
- 23-11-01: Don't Forget the Annual General Meeting!
- 15-11-01: Events Gallery Added
- 06-09-01: Virtual Tour, Maps & Photograhic History Sections Added
- 01-09-01: Friends of Gledhow Valley Woods Web Site Officially Goes Live!
- 01-08-01: Mike Betteridge Retires from North Leeds Weekly Post
- What's New Archives for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001
30th December 2001
Christmas Site Update
Firstly, we hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and wish you a Happy New Year.
Minutes of the 2001 AGM have now been posted on the site in the All About Us section and include a summary of key events from the past year as well as a report on the Friend's finances.
The Dates for your Diary section has now also been updated with provisional dates for all Action Days and Core Group Meetings for 2002!
23rd November 2001
Don't Forget the Annual General Meeting!
The FGVW Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 12th December 8.00pm-9.00pm at St Matthew's Church meeting room, Wood Lane, Chapel Allerton. Yuletide refreshments will be served!
The agenda will be as follows:
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To agree minutes of the last AGM on 7th December 2000.
- To receive the Chair's report.
- To receive the Treasurer's report.
- To elect and appoint Officers*.
- To elect and appoint other Members of the Committee.
- To discuss any other ordinary matters of relevant interest to members and to conduct such business as may be ordinarily transacted at an AGM.
The following have been proposed and seconded by the Committee:
- Chair - Martin Calvert
- Secretary - Richard Lancaster
- Treasurer - Paul Ellis
In addition to the above 3 officers, the other Members of the Committee are to be elected and those presently serving offer themselves for re-election.
Nominations for Officers and/or Committee Membership need to be with Richard Lancaster (FGVW Secretary) by 3rd December 2001. Please contact us for more details, or to recieve a Nomination Form.
15th November 2001
Events Gallery Added
The new Events Gallery section allows you to find out what happened at past FGVW events. It includes loads of photos, drawings and comments from those who attended the events as well as from those who organised them.
6th September 2001
Virtual Tour, Maps & Photograhic History Sections Added
You can now take a Virtual Tour of the woods from the comfort of your home, or fly above it to get an Aerial View.
If you aren't sure where the woods actually are we've added Location Details as well as a Local Area Street Map.
It's now also possible to step back in time and see how the area has devloped over the years in the Photographic History section.
1st September 2001
Friends of Gledhow Valley Woods Web Site Officially Goes Live!
After a month of development and testing, our brand new web site was finally launched on September 1st. We hope everyone likes it, but welcome all your comments and suggestions... please feel free to sign our Guest Book.
If you have any information, stories, pictures or memories you would like to contribute to the site, please contact us.
1st August 2001
Mike Betteridge Retires from North Leeds Weekly Post
After the North Leeds Weekly Post issue on Friday 3rd August, Mike will be retiring as Community Correspondent for Chapel Allerton. Mike would like to thank everyone for their support during the last 16 months, which he says have been an "interesting experience"!
Until a replacement local Correspondent is found, please contact Howard Williamson directly at the Yorkshire Evening Post with your news stories on (0113) 2432701 Extension 1241.